Position: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The job will involve the following activities on day to day basis:
- Provisioning and installation of datacenter cabinets and equipment.
- Performing auditing functions of the cabinets and equipment in global datacenters.
- Diagnosing infrastructure related issues with various stakeholders such as customers, engineering, vendors etc. and reporting the same.
- Troubleshooting infrastructure installation related problems as they occur.
- Must be able to work and lead on multiple projects concurrently and act as a point person in the field. Will work in datacenter to bring equipment on line or for outbound shipment.
- Planning and leading multi stakeholder teams on complex infrastructure related projects.
- Initiating global shipments and managing related Custom importation issues.
- Implement audit functions for spare parts, equipment, and datacenter resources.
- On regular basis, interact with Aryaka datacenter providers to complete tasks.
- Proactively identify, diagnose, analyze and troubleshoot the issues in global POPs.
- Research alternative solutions and understands the impact for the various solutions.
- Appropriately escalate the issues to the next level or other team members.
- Manage the Infrastructure ticket queue.
- Document the issues and solutions in the Infrastructure Data Repository.
- Share information on projects to all the stakeholders.
- Willing to work in shifts round the clock in a 24×7 environment on rotational basis.
- Logistic support for Infrastructure projects.
- Provide solutions to the Datacenter Team.
- Team Player with positive mental attitude, and provide positive contributions to multiple teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and solving skills concerning infrastructure problems with various equipment.
- Hard working, focused, and result orientation personality required.
- Expertise of cabinet space, cabinet power, and other areas in the infrastructure domain.
- Expertise in Logistic support for global operations.
- Project Management or Team Lead experience.
Five years hands on experience in Datacenter Operations (racking and stacking equipment, connecting devices, installing cross connections, and packing and shipping equipment).
Two years direct experience in global shipments (ie HSCs, Pro Forma Invoices, etc).