Job Description: Senior System Engineer
Job Code: 2302
Location: Australia / New Zealand – Remote work
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Aryaka Senior Systems Engineer (SE) works with the Sales Team in a pre-sales role to help develop and position Aryaka Networks’ technology solutions. The SE is responsible for delivering Aryaka solution presentations to customers while describing how Aryaka products provide the optimum solution to solve their technology and business needs. Working closely with assigned sales personnel, the SE is responsible for the technical aspects of the sales cycle, including customer Proof of Concept development; review of current and proposed network drawings using Visio drawings; Scope of Work (SoW) development; and Project Plan development. The SE will occasionally be involved with the clients in a post-purchase capacity, contributing to Design Validation sessions, ensuring the buying vision is translated to the implementation phase of each project. The successful SE presents a professional appearance and demeanor, possesses strong interpersonal skills, and can communicate with a wide range of technical staff, managers, and executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Business Development in account planning, management and development of new and existing accounts. Work with the sales team to plan and organize sales strategies to solve business problems
- Analyze the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment, and customer’s technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle time frame
- Develop statements of understanding documentation for customer product evaluations and pilot projects (SoW)
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations and product demonstrations to both technical and business audiences
- Assist customers with preparation of product rollouts, including network designs, traffic analysis, equipment lists, and estimated labor efforts required for implementation
- Facilitate pre-sales to post-sales transition of projects to the Aryaka Networks Customer Support Team by providing detail about the client’s expectations to help ensure delivery of service
- Work with Aryaka Networks Provisioning Services to create Customer Statement of Work documentation, outlining the major tasks and responsibilities assigned to an implementation project
- Continue educating new and existing customers in Aryaka Networks products and services, individually and through Marketing events
- Keep up to date with new products, product changes in service portfolio, emerging technologies & products, and market trends
- Assist in the Technical response to RFIs/RFPs (includes creation of Bill of Materials (BOMs), diagrams and technical compliance)
- Document meeting minutes and follow-up action items
- Work with Product Management team to add customer requirements to the roadmap
- Travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- College degree, BS/BA in EE/CS or equivalent (Required)
- 5+ years’ experience in Network Technology Solutions, Telecom
- Technical support or project management experience in IP Communications (LAN/WAN)
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English (Required)
- Ability to multi-task over a range of simultaneous projects and responsibilities
- Experienced in account planning and proposal delivery
- Proactive customer management skills
- Solid knowledge of WAN & LAN based technical solutions, including high speed WAN connectivity options; MPLS-VPN, remote access VPNs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to a broad audience from technical to executive audiences
- Understanding of the following technologies: TCP/IP, routing protocols, routing and switching, network security, data compression, CIFS, NFS, FTP, Rsync, backup and data replication strategies
WHO IS ARYAKA?
Aryaka is the industry leader in managed SD-WAN partnering with global enterprises to spearhead their WAN transformation initiatives. We are growing fast and expanding rapidly both in terms of customer growth as well as employee headcount.
Our global private network is transforming how enterprises connect worldwide to deliver enhanced performance for cloud and on-premises applications. Aryaka was named Leading Lights Company of the Year by Lightreading, recognized on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Industry Disruptors list and was named by IHS Markit as a top SD-WAN provider. Aryaka’s SD-WAN as a Service is deployed by more than 800 global enterprises in 63 countries, including the biggest names in almost every vertical, such as Cigna (healthcare), HMS Host (retail), Samsung (manufacturing), and Skullcandy (manufacturing). Aryaka is looking for experienced product marketing and product management professionals to capitalize on its recent momentum, expand market penetration, and drive enterprise sales in the next phase of growth.