Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
The job will involve the following activities on day to day basis:
- Assist the monitoring and L1 team in monitoring the health of the Aryaka Core Networks and Customer’s network.
- Diagnosing the escalated network issues & working with various stakeholders such as customers, engineering, vendors etc. and reporting the same.
- Escalating to Technical Leads/Escalation Engineers & follow-up on the issue for closure.
- Proactive Problem Management of certain critical accounts
- Ensure to assist the Shift L1s with daily working of monitoring & basic diagnosing of network related issues and drive them to closure.
- Proactively identify, diagnose, analyze and troubleshoot the issues on customer networks as well as Aryaka Core Networks.
- Research alternative solutions or workarounds.
- Give constructive feedback on the process and the tools to improvise the same
- Taking over escalated issues from L1s in a timely manner & and working with various stakeholders such as customers/engineering to arrive to a swift resolution. Also, if required, appropriately escalate the issues to the next level.
- Implement regular upgrades to the networks.
- Document the issues and solutions in the Knowledge Base.
- Willing to work in Shifts round the clock in a 24×7 environment on Rotational basis.
- Mentor the L1 engineers to bring them into the system
- Ensure proper shift/task handover is done to the next shift
- Holding technical training for the team members to enhance their skills.
- Cross team functioning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Certifications: N+, CCNA & CCNP preferred
- Networking: OSI Layer, Knowledge of Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN (Switching), WAN (GRE), TCP/IP Suite & UDP.
- Security: IPSec.
- OS: Knowledge of Windows is must & Linux (any flavor) preferred.
- Team Player with positive mental attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills.
- Hard working, focused and result orientation personality required.
- Able to handle the work independently with less supervision
- 3-6 yrs of experience in Networking Industry. Customer facing experience is an advantage.
- Preferably from TAC expertise
Aryaka’s Network for the Cloud is the only software-defined, optimized, cloud-delivered network built on a global, multi-tenant, private backbone. Aryaka’s services have over 10 million users across 4,500+ sites globally. Leading brands such as Skullcandy, Air China, Freescale Semiconductor and ThoughtWorks, as well as partners like Microsoft Azure, AWS, Intelisys and SK Broadband, have all chosen Aryaka for their enterprise-grade networking needs.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit your resume at email@example.com
Aryaka Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.