Job Title: Solution and Escalation Engineer
Job ID: 2120
Job Location: Bangalore
As a Solutions & Escalation Engineer you will be providing Expert level of Technical Support to customers, Level 1 and Level 2 Technical Support Engineers in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing highly complex technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must possess strong technical product knowledge, problem solving and outstanding customer service skills. Also you will serve as a mentor and escalation point for the team and customers.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and escalation point of contact for global support team
- Add value to the case resolution process with the technical/product knowledge and customer handling skills.
- Do technical review of cases worked by the Level 1 and Level 2 Technical Support Engineers and provide quality feedback for improvement
- Escalate, Participate and influence cross functional teams facilitating quicker problem resolution
- Review, Own and drive stubborn problems thru resolution
- Provide constructive feedback influencing the tools/product roadmaps.
- Participate as technical expert in product marketing meetings, and support readiness project work.
- Determine methods and procedures to be implemented and used on the most complex new technologies to enhance performance. Determine approach for customer, based on assessments of customer needs.
- Mentor and train Level 1 and Level 2 engineers on new features/technologies and improve the quality of escalation
- Drive the Tech-Talk sessions within the team and foster technical learning culture
- Contribute technical content to Aryaka leading Deployment Guides, Knowledge Base, FAQ’s etc.
- Identify challenge areas and suggest methods to improve TSE’s response
- Participate/conduct training sessions to help improve overall technical skill set of the team
- Participate in Technical Discussion with other teams. Provide Design Recommendations & Alternatives
- Formulate technical action plans for analysing and resolving problems related to the product deployment
- Ensure the workload balance during the shift hours
- Track and ensure high productivity levels
- Motivate the team to take initiatives, provide feedback on tools, process etc
- Drive customer and POP upgrades, participate in release roll out discussion and track releases
- Motivate the team to take initiatives, provide feedback on tools, process etc.
- Drive continuous learning, results orientation and teamwork.
Networking: OSI Layer, Knowledge of Data Center grade Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Cloud Security, DC Architecture, TCP/IP Suite & UDP, IPSec, SSL, HTTPs , CDN, Cloud solutions e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP etc, OS: Knowledge of Windows and Linux (any flavour) preferred. Experience in scripting languages e.g Python
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, 8+ years of related work experience