Position: Senior System Administrator
Location: Milpitas, USA
Aryaka Networks Inc., is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Senior System Administrator.
This position is part of the Infrastructure Services organization, which is responsible for the design, implementation and support of Aryaka’s worldwide network infrastructure; currently located in 16 cities throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pac regions (and growing!). This team drives and balances immediate implementation and deployment with informed, highly credible long-term architecture — planning a scalable service infrastructure with world class availability, performance, quality, reliability and cost efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and diverse background in Systems Administration, specifically on Linux, CentOS, Unix and Windows Operating Systems. The candidate should also have intimate knowledge in computing hardware platforms (disk drives, processors, memory, I/O, storage) and scalability architecture. A successful candidate needs to work with multiple stakeholders (service architects, other systems administrators, network designers and system/application engineers, business units, etc.) to design, deploy and maintain the Aryaka customer serving, as well as internally supporting, network computing systems and services.
A successful candidate for this job will have extensive technical breadth and depth expertise in the following areas:
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux, Unix, CentOS and Windows Operating Systems
- At least 5 years working knowledge of Linux file systems, device configuration, systems logging and exception diagnosis
- Install, maintain, and support various tools including, but not limited to, Jumpstart, Kickstart, Puppet, Cacti, JIRA
- Perl, TCL, PHP, shell programming techniques; Java experience is also desirable
- At least 5 years of relevant programming/scripting experience in tools/automation
- At least 5 years of experience with platform/language agnostic remote APIs such as XMLRPC, SOAP, Web services
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex IT server and application issues
- Demonstrated ability to design and code critical systems projects
- Strong abilities in software and systems testing and debugging
- Solid understanding of process engineering and IT operations best practices
- Investigation and recommendation of alternative techniques and efficiency improvements
- Scripts and software should be developed with reuse, low maintenance, reliability, and extensibility in mind
- Work product must include excellent in-source and supporting documentation
Aryaka is the world’s first company redefining enterprise networking with WAN optimization and Application Acceleration delivered as a global service and solving application and network performance issues faced by the distributed enterprise.
Aryaka’s premier WAN Optimization as-a-Service accelerates any application to any location on one affordable, optimized private network. Aryaka’s Network as-a-Service provides organizations an optimized private network with QoS for instant, reliable business connectivity. Aryaka’s Application Delivery as-a-Service enables distributed business users to quickly access centralized enterprise applications and Cloud resources from anywhere in the world. All services provide instant implementation, end-to-end visibility with 24×7 world-class support.
Aryaka eliminates the need for expensive and complex appliances as well as long-haul connectivity, and enhances collaboration across locations. It offers significant cost, ease-of-use, instant implementation and performance advantages, helping global companies achieve dramatic productivity gains and increased visibility into their WAN applications, locations and performance, while providing 24/7 world-class support.
Aryaka is funded by Trinity Ventures, InterWest Partners, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners and Presidio Ventures (Sumitomo Corporation Company), five of the most successful and respected venture capital firms in Silicon Valley.
Ashwath, Kelly, Jim, Vikas and the entire Aryaka team are seasoned technology professionals. Through their careers at enterprises such as Akamai, Speedera, Cisco, Alcatel, Oracle, CDNetworks, Sybase, and Mylex, they encountered various parts of the network connectivity problem and came together to solve it for the next generation global enterprise. With offices in the US and India, Aryaka employs a dedicated and experienced group of individuals, who drive the company to provide world-class technology solutions.
Awards & Accolades:
Since its launch in 2010, Aryaka has garnered an impressive list of awards and accolades, including:
- Aryaka Crowned Networking Tech Trailblazer in the 2013 Tech Trailblazers Awards
- Aryaka Positioned as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers
- Aryaka Named a 2013 Emerging Vendor by CRN
- Aryaka Named Hottest Cloud Startup to Watch by CIO.com
- Aryaka’s Network as-a-Service Solution Named Finalist in Best of Interop 2013 Awards
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit your resume at email@example.com
Aryaka Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.