Aryaka Selects the Cause of Educating Underprivileged Children as a Key Social Responsibility Initiative for 2020
As corporate citizens we all need to do our bit for the community and society regardless of our size, geographical location or business focus. At Aryaka, this has been a constant reflection of our corporate values. As we near the end of 2019 and families celebrate the holiday season in different ways, we are humbled to participate in and contribute to new causes that are near and dear to our hearts.
Our society at large cannot make progress without education. And, children are the bedrock of our society. So, this year we selected the “education of underprivileged children” as our corporate cause and are helping tackle that global issue in our own small way.
To help us address this, we are partnering with ChildFund International, a global reputable organization with a passionate focus on this area. We selected them because of their mission and the strong alignment of our corporate and cultural values. They have a wealth of volunteer opportunities in Bangalore and virtual volunteer activities for employees in the US, London, etc.
Hear about ChildFund’s mission and our collaboration together from Anne Lynam Goddard, President and CEO of ChildFund here:
Their mission can be describe as threefold :
- HELP deprived, excluded and vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
- PROMOTE societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children.
- ENRICH supporters’ lives through their support of our cause.
We are making an initial corporate pledge of USD $50,000 for this cause. Donations made by Aryaka will support ChildFund’s education programming for underprivileged children and youth in India. Specifically, funds will be used to:
- Establish three SMART classes at three government schools in slum/semi urban areas of Bangalore
- Establish a SPLASH Center in the neighboring area to support these three schools
- Total of four engagement opportunities in and around Bangalore, India, as well as two remote engagement opportunities, exclusively for Aryaka employees.
Aryaka’s Corporate Social Mission
In addition to our partnership with ChildFund, we are also working together with several other charitable corporations including:
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Aryaka employees are conducting drives for food donations
- Family Giving Tree – We are helping with gift/toy donations during the holiday season
We will continue to look for opportunities to participate in activities and partner with organizations to the best of our abilities as we look forward to 2020, a year where we continue to accelerate growth with relentless focus on our customers, partners and our continued innovation.