Patents were Granted for Aryaka’s Innovative Multi-Segment Network Architecture, which Enables Deployment of an Enterprise-Grade WAN within 48 hours as well as Byte-Level Data Deduplication Technology that Results in Massive Throughput and Application Performance Improvements Globally
Aryaka®, the Software-Defined Network Platform provider, announced today that the United States Patent and Trademark Office has issued two new patents for technologies that enable the company to deliver a unique cloud-delivered, optimized SDN Platform. Following these additions, Aryaka now holds 7 patents in the United States, further establishing the company as a leader in building innovative networking solutions to serve global, cloud-enabled enterprises.
U.S. Patent Number 9,191,369, titled Application Acceleration as a Service System and Method, details the industry’s first multi-tenant, multi-segment network architecture that allows Aryaka’s customers to connect to the company’s private network using standard L2/L3 links to benefit from cloud-delivered, enterprise-grade connectivity. Aryaka’s unique deployment model is one of the cornerstones of the company’s success.
- Enterprises can connect to Aryaka’s private global network through one or more Internet connection(s) at each location. Since regional Internet quality and speeds have improved significantly over the past decade, businesses can leverage the simplicity and agility of the Internet at the edge while riding Aryaka’s private network over the middle mile to ensure enterprise-grade performance.
- While MPLS providers typically require global businesses to wait for 60-120 days for a link, Aryaka’s deployment model provides them with private, optimized connectivity within 48 hours.
- Aryaka’s customers can also use direct L2 connections to connect to the nearest POPs in place of Internet connections, if they prefer, allowing for additional flexibility.
- Aryaka’s multi-segment architecture also allows businesses to use differentiated optimization techniques across the first, middle, and last mile to provide superior application performance across long distances.
U.S. Patent Number 8,959,155, titled Data Compression through Redundancy Removal in an Application Acceleration Environment, outlines Aryaka’s proprietary byte-level data deduplication algorithm, termed Advanced Redundancy Removal (ARR™), which uses a unique unanchored compression methodology to accelerate enterprise traffic and improve network throughput dramatically.
- Traditional WAN Optimization vendors use a form of block-level deduplication that does not work very well on certain types of application traffic, because in order to match a data block, it helps to know where the data portion of a transmission begins. The location of the data portion within certain protocol transmissions can vary.
- Aryaka’s byte-level deduplication and compression technology supports all encrypted and non-encrypted traffic, independent of application-specific data formatting.
- Aryaka’s ARRTM technology has resulted in over 10x faster improvements in throughput and application performance for several global customer deployments.
“The recent expansion of our intellectual property portfolio reaffirms our commitment to continued innovation, and developing a clearly differentiated Software-Defined Network Platform,” said Shawn Farshchi, President and CEO of Aryaka. “The technologies behind the two new patents are what enable us to offer a truly unique value proposition — moving the network to the cloud and delivering it as a service, while dramatically improving the performance of SaaS and on-premises applications at the same time. This is unprecedented in an industry that was dominated by MPLS technology in the past.”
As cloud computing moves toward ubiquitous adoption, global businesses require an agile, optimized network to access critical cloud-hosted resources that are often located across large distances. Aryaka’s patented multi-segment Software-Defined Network Platform combines the benefits of WAN optimization and cloud acceleration, which include the patented ARR™ technology for data deduplication, to deliver enhanced SaaS and on-premises application performance over its global private network.
Aryaka was previously granted multiple other patents, including ones for innovative network design and architecture, on-ramp routing methodology, and network analytics.
Aryaka is transforming how global enterprises connect sites and users worldwide, and use mission-critical applications to support modern business execution demands. Aryaka’s Global SD-WAN combines a purpose-built private network, SD-WAN, optimization and acceleration techniques, connectivity to cloud platforms, and network visibility in a single solution that is delivered as a service.
Aryaka Media Contact
Public Relations Manager